We know you want to help your kids learn to be generous this Christmas season. We want to help make it tangible for them and easy for you! Each year we partner with The Place of Forsyth’s Holiday House to provide Christmas for families in need. Due to COVID-19, the need is even greater.
Here are a few easy ways your family can help:
- Have your child help choose a specific gift off the online Wish List that will be delivered directly to The Place of Forsyth.
- Check out the lists of gifts for boys and for girls with your child and purchase one or two items at the store and drop it/them off in the collection boxes at the church under the portico from November 29 to December 6.
- Depending on their age (we recommend age eight or older), ask them to contribute some of their own money to the gift or to purchase a small gift themselves.
Talk About It!
Talking about poverty can be hard, especially with kids, but make sure you use this as a teachable moment and talk to them about what being generous toward other means. You can say things like:
- “Jesus asks us to treat others how we want to be treated, so we are helping other kids, just like you, have a great Christmas with their families.”
- “We all need help sometimes, so today we are going to go shopping—not for us—but to help someone else.”